The key to mainframe DevOps success is in quickly identifying and removing major bottlenecks in the application delivery lifecycle. Major challenges include collaboration between mainframe and distributed teams, lack of visibility into the impact of software changes, and limited resource flexibility with scaling out necessary testing initiatives. Now let's take a closer look at some of these key challenges and how IT departments can address them ...
DevOps Research and Assessment (DORA) has launched the 2018 Accelerate State of DevOps Survey in collaboration with Google Cloud.
This data will supply research into understanding what issues matter most to technical professionals and unlock new findings to provide guidance for improving resource management, productivity and quality of IT teams.
"Our goal is to help organizations understand how they can be high performers," said Dr. Nicole Forsgren, Founder and CEO of DORA. "We are at the state of work that drives technology transformations and changes the world. This year's survey builds on the last four years of work to give us the most comprehensive view of IT impacts on the industry yet."
This year's survey will dive further into:
- IaaS and PaaS: understanding how cloud computing is shaping work for software delivery
- Monitoring and observability: understanding how people are "seeing" their systems
- Databases: understanding how they are impacting our work
- Testing: understanding how it is evolving to meet increasing demands for fast feedback and quality
- Workflow: understanding how to review change approvals to improve work
- Culture: understanding what leadership behaviors impact feelings of trust and voice
- Security: understanding how we are integrating security and its impacts
- Reliability: understanding how we think about system dependability
Additional sponsors of the 2018 Accelerate State of DevOps Report include: Amazon Web Services, CA Technologies, CloudBees, Datical, Deloitte, Electric Cloud, IT Revolution, Microsoft, Redgate, Sumo Logic and XebiaLabs.
Survey respondents who complete the survey will be entered for a chance to win:
- One of two $500 gift cards (VISA)
- One iPad Pro
- One ticket to DevOps Enterprise Summit (London or Las Vegas)
- One of five IT Revolution Press book bundles