The previous chapter in this WhiteHat Security series discussed Codebase as the first step of the Twelve-Factor App and defined a security best practice approach for ensuring a secure source control system. Considering the importance of applying security in a modern DevOps world, this next chapter examines the security component of step two of the Twelve-Factor methodology. Here follows some actionable advice from the WhiteHat Security Addendum Checklist, which developers and ops engineers can follow during the SaaS build and operations stages ...
MuleSoft announced Titan, the latest release of Anypoint Platform that features new capabilities to easily deploy, secure and monitor composite applications across cloud environments.
Anypoint Platform unlocks the power of API-led connectivity, allowing organizations to connect apps, data and devices more rapidly and efficiently. With the Titan release, IT achieves greater agility and flexibility with a new multi-cloud container service for Mule runtimes, a modern security model for distributed architectures, and an advanced monitoring solution for end-to-end visibility. Powered by the next generation Mule 4 runtime engine, Anypoint Platform further enables a broader set of users to build their own applications at speed and drive new levels of innovation. The latest release accelerates MuleSoft’s vision to help businesses build powerful, secure application networks.
According to Saurabh Sharma, principal analyst at Ovum, “The modern IT landscape is growing increasingly complex, and the pace of change for today’s IT team is unrelenting. The adoption of mobile, cloud services, microservices and the internet of things (IoT) have rapidly expanded the boundaries of the enterprise, while IT’s ability to gain visibility to detect security attacks, mitigate business risk, and operate at the same scale is constrained. A single business transaction now crosses over dozens of different systems, and legacy security and monitoring systems can’t keep up. By leveraging a unified hybrid integration platform offering self-service and API-led connectivity capabilities, such as MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform, IT teams can achieve a more holistic view of the organization and across different IT environments, while enabling developers to securely self-serve and innovate for the business.”
This new release accelerates digital transformation by providing increased security, visibility and flexibility, driving development speed and efficiency across the entire lifecycle of composite applications. Anypoint Platform now further enables IT to be a catalyst for transformation, allowing broader teams to focus on innovation.
Titan highlights include:
A next-generation multi-cloud runtime drastically simplifies development and operations:
- Mule 4 and enhanced Studio: New runtime version automates and simplifies common complex integration tasks and expands the scope of reusable assets to increase development speed.
- Anypoint Runtime Fabric: Container service for Mule applications allows rapid deployment on most common cloud providers and on-premises, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, virtual machines and physical servers.
A modern security model for distributed architectures:
- Anypoint Security: Policy-driven, enterprise-grade perimeter gateways, and automatic tokenization and encryption simplify how advanced security is delivered across the application network.
- Managing compliance: Enables customers to meet government-mandated compliance standards, including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), FedRAMP In Process, EU Data Residency and EU-US Privacy Shield.
New monitoring service enables actionable visibility across application networks:
- Anypoint Monitoring: Real-time insights, dependency mapping and instant access to historical log data across APIs and integrations give operations teams the ability to speed up issue identification and root cause analysis.
More connectors expand MuleSoft’s ecosystem to scale application networks:
- New MuleSoft certified connectors include SAP BusinessObjects BI, Docker, Microsoft Office 365, Google DFP, Edifecs XEngine Server, Zoho Books and Amazon DynamoDB.
“IT teams are struggling to manage the acceleration of new technology adoption, as well as the new capabilities and services being created inside of their organizations every day. With the Titan release, IT can fuel internal organization momentum to innovate and drive business outcomes faster, while maintaining security and control,” said Mark Dao, Chief Product Officer, MuleSoft. “The release bolsters our API-led connectivity approach and commitment to our customers by delivering powerful and secure application networks that scale globally and can be deployed anywhere.”